cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro and Lightroom CC - will not recognize correctly installed printer

fergie9275
Apprentice

Hello.  Running Lightroom CC on a OSX 10.10.5 with a Pixma Pro-100 connected by WiFi.  Printer is correctly installed and prints from all other applications.  However when I start Print Studio Pro from Lightroom, or PS, it tells me "A printer supported by this software is not found. Connect a printer supported by this software, and then install its driver.
Exiting Print Studio Pro." 

Anyone else run into this problem?  Have uninstalled and reinstalled both printer and software a few times.  No dice.  

It did recognize the printer when plugged directly into the machine by USB cable, but this is not a workable solution - have to keep printer in another room.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

11 REPLIES 11

What software are you starting PSP from - DPP, PS or LR?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Keskasay
Apprentice
This worked! jrhoffman75
Esteemed Contributor
jrhoffman75
Solution! Re: Problem printing with print studio pro plu in
Options
‎01-22-2015 12:36 PM

On my MacBook I check the plus "+" symbol under the Printer section. (My Pro-100 is connected via WiFi.) It took a few seconds for the IJ version of the printer to show up. The Bonjour version appears first. Once I connected to the IJ printer I deleted the Bonlour printer (using "-" button.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH
Announcements