cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro and Lightroom CC - will not recognize correctly installed printer

fergie9275
Apprentice

Hello.  Running Lightroom CC on a OSX 10.10.5 with a Pixma Pro-100 connected by WiFi.  Printer is correctly installed and prints from all other applications.  However when I start Print Studio Pro from Lightroom, or PS, it tells me "A printer supported by this software is not found. Connect a printer supported by this software, and then install its driver.
Exiting Print Studio Pro." 

Anyone else run into this problem?  Have uninstalled and reinstalled both printer and software a few times.  No dice.  

It did recognize the printer when plugged directly into the machine by USB cable, but this is not a workable solution - have to keep printer in another room.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download latest version of PSP. Version 2.0. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Already installed. 

Can you print directly from Lightroom? Can you print a nozzle check from the Printer Utility? When you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners does it say Bonjour priner for the Pro-100. Did you download and install the IJ Network Tool? from Canon site?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John, I appreciate the responses, but please assume that I installed everything correctly and have a basic understanding of how a computer and peripherals work, and have run through every readily available troubleshooting list and FAQ.  I posted in the hope that someone that had encountered a similar problem would share their situation/rememdy.  

John took the trouble to answer your post.    Why not take a minute to take the steps he proposed?  He just might be the one to help you further.

Ian

PSP v2.02 has been released.

"PSP v2.02 has been release"

If this doesn't fix it, you need to call Apple.  Because I think it has been your OS all along. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you are printing OK with Lightroom I wouldn't worry about the PSP problem. The primary (only?) advantage I found with PSP is that it helps folks print that are having setup problems in LR or PS.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Keskasay
Apprentice

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same problem.

I set my Pixma Pro 100 to wireless and it can be printed from a MBPro in another room and an iMac two feet away but PSP does not see the printer as installed yet OSX shows it is correctly installed and the default printer.  So I don't agree it is an OS problem.  I think it is a software issue with PSP - software drives hardware.

Announcements