cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro and Custom Paper Border Issues

nichole9
Contributor

Does anyone know how to get rid of that border overlap? I have input my own custom paper sizes, this one is 16"x20", and it always has that shadow acting like I am overlapping the paper size. When I print it makes that part white, which wouldn't be an issue except it is not even all the way around. One edge is slightly, but noticeably, thicker. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 6.01.48 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Cropping the image might help.  Use a Crop tool in your image editing software and crop the image to the same dimensions as the paper that you will be printing on.  This may help even out the outside borders.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So I do that, but the cropped image still "falls outside the borders of the paper". It only does this with custom paper sizes. 

Hello nichole9.

Printable area for paper will largely depend both on the paper size as well as the model of printer.  With which model of printer are you using the custom 16"x20" paper size?  And have you physically measured the dimensions of the paper to be sure it is accurate (and not only estimated by the manufacturer)?

Hi, Darius, it's the Pro 1000 and I hand cut the paper to 16x20. Can't find 16x20 in the type of papers I use, sadly. 

Can you take a picture of the printout and attach it to a message in this thread?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Here's a print out. Not sure how this is more helpful than the screenshot in the original image. Is this what you mean? Or are you asking for something else? Thanks for the help!

Photo Dec 19, 15 29 44.jpg

Did anyone come up with a solution for this issue.  I am having the same problem with 11X14 paper

Welcome to the forum.

What application are you accessing PSP from?

Have you tried direct printing from the application?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tried printing directly from Lightroom as well a PSP.  Same results when using custom paper sizes.  Everything I can find looks like this is something cannon does to prevent printer head strikes.  Haven't been able to find a way around it.

Announcements