cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Compatibility with Photoshop CC 2018

Sirreal
Apprentice

Hi, I'm a Mac user and I have a Pixma Pro-100 printer. I've been using Print Studio Pro as a plugin for Photoshop CC 2017. I just upgraded to Photoshop CC 2018, and Print Studio Pro is no longer available. I tried to download it and install but the installer doesn't seem to recognize CC 2018. My Mac Operating System is Version 10.12.6 (Sierra). 

18 REPLIES 18

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can copy the plugin folder from CC2017 to CC2018.

Or you can select the CC2018 folder when you run the PSP plugin installer.

Cursor_and_Plug-In_Installer.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I've run into the same problem, and I've tried PSP 2.2 in every plug-in folder of Photoshop CC 2018.  I don't believe PSP 2.2 is compatible with Photoshop CC 2018--this version of Photoshop breaks it.

Here's a screen shot of W10 machine, PSCC 2018 and PSP 2.2 running:

2017-11-11.png

Here's my file tree:

Capture.JPG

I also verified that it works on my MacBook Air High Sierra. On the Mac the file path is /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Plug-Ins/PrintStudioPro/

I don't know what to suggest. I have never deleted my Preferences file in PS but I have seen on line that sometimes that is recommedned when there a re problems.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you, John, it's working for me now. I've been printing from Photoshop for many years, and have never run into any software quite as kludgy as Print Studio Pro. But at least it's working now and providing more control than the default driver. Kind of like it was an afterthought for Canon to develop a Mac version. But maybe I'm being too harsh; maybe it's just me, but I've rarely dealt with software that seems so counterintuitive. At least in recent years ...

Thanks again!

Glad it worked. I agree about PSP. I rarely use it, but it does have one advantage I have seen. PS printing is not as easy as LR for folks that aren't experienced with PS and PSP does throw all the correct "switches". But, if one knows how to print from PS I don't see much advantage to PSP.

And using it with LR bypasses the LR print engine which does output sharpening.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, John, I print note cards on 7x10 glossy paper and PSP seems to give me more precise control over the margins, which must be even on all four sides of the image. Believe it or not, I don't use Lightroom. Photoshop and Bridge serve me well, along with some excellent PS plugins.

Here's screen shot on a Mac with High Sierra.  PSCC2018 and PSP running.

Print_Studio_Pro_and_Five_Fortyfour_Point_Seventytwo_jpg___66_7___RGB_8_.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Were you ever able to figure this out? I am having the same problem. On a Mac. 

Me too! Can't get the plugin to install.
Announcements