cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Pro not working properly

dfire
Apprentice

Hi from California. I have the Mac OS X 10.6 and Photoshop CS6.

I've successfully installed Print Shop Pro but when i open it, the image I want to print doesn't appear in the preview window. Instead I just get a thumbnail of a question mark. I also can't click the bottom Print button.

By the way, I just bought the Canon Pixma Pro-10 (brand new) and for some reason whenever I print, I get black smears on my images. Unfortunately, I'm not good with technical stuff so I have no idea what's causing this?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am not a Mac user but I have some friends that are. There has been some issues with Print Pro and Mac OS's.

My advice would be to upgrade to OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8. That seems to make everything work well.

The black streaks are probably roller contamination. They need to be cleaned. How "brand new" was your printer? And did you set it up exactly as instructed. And most of all, you are using Canon ink? Never use off brand ink in a Canon printer, no matter how good they claim it is.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the response! 🙂 I have heard of these issues with Print Pro and Macs, I was able to get it to work but it took a little trial and error. This was a brand spanking new printer, so I talked to Canon and found what the problem was - paper abrasion. On a Mac, you go to system preferences > print & fax > Options & Supplies > Utility > Go down to Custom Settings and check Prevent Paper Abrasion.

Thanks again.

Announcements