cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print size problem

davidspyle
Contributor

I'm attempting to print 12x18 images on 13x19 Photo Pro Luster paper and my images are printing at 12-3/16 x 18-1/8 despite the print size settings of 12x18 in either LR or PSE. I also did a 6x9 test print on 8.5x11 paper and it printed with the same 3/16th, plus 1/8th extension, as well.

So, is this typical of the Pixma Pro 100 and/or Print Studio Pro -- which, incidentally, seems to be lacking some critical functions -- or is there another approach that would rectify this problem?

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

dsp

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, dsp!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi, Danny.

I'm running Mac OSX - 10.8.4

I'm using LR5 and/or PSE 10 to print, plus various other plug-in to edit.

And thank you!

dsp

If you are in Lightroom, you probably have a stroke boarder set. Remove it. You will then be able to print the exact size you want.

"...plus various other plug-in to edit."  Gosh, who knows what you might be doing or using here. Smiley Surprised

You have LR so just stick whit it. LR will do 90% of anything most photographers need.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Seeing how I am printing from Canon Print Studio Pro, I'm not sure whether the "Stroke boarder set" has any bearing on my prints and/or printing, or not. All I know is that there is no "stroke boarder" showing on my prints and they all seem to have the additional 1/8" or 3/16"  width and length on my prints whether printing from LR5 or PSE10. 

As for plug-ins, I occasionally use either the Nik Software Collection or the On One Perfect Photo Suite. As you say, LR will do 90% of what I need. That's why I have these plug-ins for the other 10% -- and very glad I do.  I also have earlier versions of Photoshop, CS3 and before. I quit upgrading because I found that, in general, either LR or even the later versions of PSE would do whatever I required and I loathed paying the exorbitant prices Adobe charged for their minimal upgrades.

In any case, thanks for your response.

Hello davidspyle,

What type of paper are you using? What is the actual image size?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements