cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 color prints are too warm

curlyjoe
Contributor

Hi, my color prints on this machine are too warm. They seem to have a real red cast to them. I don't think I'm double profiling as I'm using Qimage or Print Studio Pro to print and letting the application handle the colors and turning color matching to 'none' in the windows print dialog box. I've tried the reverse as well turning off color management in the app and in the windows print dialog choosing the appropriate icc and there is no difference. The colors are still too warm. 

Any suggestions to correct this? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

All Canon photo printers I have ever used have a "warm" bias. It seems Canon engineers like this bias a lot. Smiley Indifferent

It does make skin tones nice. But as you say sometimes you don't want that. It is difficult to eliminate this bias as it is built in to the printer.

I use Photoshop and nothing else. No add-ons or plug-ins.

I make sure my monitor is calibrated right for it's contrast, brightness and grayscale.

This is very important. If any of these are different than you printer is printing, you will not be happy.

I don't know your software but in PS you can add a cooling filter. Just a slight amount is enough. Do not over do it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can use Print Studio Pro to fine tune printer output.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I know. I tried it. I will stick with Photoshop and/or Lightroom 5. To each his own. 

Canon may make the best cameras and lenses but they don't know Photoshop!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

My response was to curlyjoe's post. He does use PSP.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75
Thanks, I will try the pattern print as a last resort but my old printer's output very closely matches what I see on my monitor. So it's frustrating to have a new printer that is supposed rival my old one and not get what I see on screen.
Announcements