cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Colors Off After Changing Ink Cartridges in PIXMA PRO-100

abdinoodle
Contributor

Hi there,

The colors of my prints are off after I changed the ink cartridges in my Pixma Pro 100 printer. All settings are the same:

• Mode of Photoshop document: CMYK Color
  • Printing on IJ Network
  • ICC profile from Canon: Canon Pro 100 <LU> 3 Photo Paper Pro Luster
  • Photoshop is managing colors
  • Black point compensation is on
  • Printing perceptual
  • Color sync is on

I'm not sure what's throwing off the prints, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

20 REPLIES 20

normadel
Authority
Authority

What do you mean by "off"? What does printing look like?

Are you sure you put new cartridges in the right slots?

I mean “off” in the sense the colors look different from how they have when I’ve printed in the past.

And yes, I double checked to make sure the cartridges are in the correct spots. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

Did you use genuine Canon ink cartridges?

Can you provide a photo so we can SEE what you are getting?

Yes, using genuine Canon ink cartridges,  CLI42. However, I bought the printer used and have been using the ink cartridges it came with up until now. I’m not sure if the cartridges that came with the printer were Canon brand or not.

The first photo is how my prints were previously printing, which matched what I was seeing on my computer screen. The order of colors in the first photo is brown, red, orange on the top row, followed by green, teal, blue, purple on the bottom row.

The second photo is how they are printing now. The order of colors in the second photo is brown, red, orange on the top row, followed by purple, blue, green, teal on the bottom row. 

Don’t mind my process notes on the prints. I wasn’t able to find a clean version. 

Looking at the two prints, the colors in the second photo look very faded. The red looks brown, the orange looks very drowned out, and the teal is a completely different color.

Wondering if this is a software issue or an ink issue, as I’m printing with the same settings I have consistently been printing with and seeing different results.

IMG_9225.jpeg

IMG_9226.jpeg

robnich
Enthusiast

Are you certain you are not double-profiling? Is Color Matching set to None in the printer driver?

How am I able to check for double profiling? Do you mean do I have “photoshop manages colors” selected but then in the driver settings I have color sync turned on?

In the printer driver, under Main/Color-Intensity/Manual/Set/Matching,  None should be selected

I'm not seeing that in the print setting when I go to print a document. I'm printing from Photoshop on a 2022 Macbook Air. The below two screenshots are from my printer options within Settings. The third screenshot is from Photoshop when I go to print a file, and I'm not seeing Main/Color-Intensity anywhere. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Also should my mode in Photoshop be set to CMYK since I'm printing? Everything I've read suggests that since printers use CMYK to print and not RGB. I've done this previously for my documents and have not had a problem.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 8.13.12 AM.pngimage.png

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 8.24.01 AM.png

@abdinoodle wrote:

I'm not seeing that in the print setting when I go to print a document. I'm printing from Photoshop on a 2022 Macbook Air. The below two screenshots are from my printer options within Settings. The third screenshot is from Photoshop when I go to print a file, and I'm not seeing Main/Color-Intensity anywhere. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Also should my mode in Photoshop be set to CMYK since I'm printing? Everything I've read suggests that since printers use CMYK to print and not RGB. I've done this previously for my documents and have not had a problem.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 8.13.12 AM.pngimage.png

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 8.24.01 AM.png

On a Mac select "Print Settings..."

then select "Color Matching"

it should be greyed out with ColorSync selected

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements