cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print 8x10 image on 8.5x11 canvas

Ginacresse
Contributor

Hi. I just got a Canon Pro 100 and I'm trying to print an 8x10 image on letter sized canvas. It appears the only paper size I can use for canvas is the Letter (Art Paper Margin 30) but when I print, the image is cropped to 8x8.5--which I can see on the print preview. How can I get the entire 8x10 image to print? Thanks!

I thought I had solved this but I was mistaken. The image size of the file was not exactly 8x10, it was wider than 10. I resized the image to be 8x10 and tested on plain paper and the image printed perfectly (8x10) but when I try to print on canvas it crops the sides down to 8.5 inches 😞  Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If I recall correctly is that paper with canvas look, not real cloth?

You can turn the setting off and give it a try. Worst that happens is marks on the paper.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jason
Whiz

Hi, Ginacresse!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and the software program you are using to print.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Hi Jason,

I'm on Windows 8. I've tried printing from Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and from the Windows Photo Viewer. I seems like the 30mm margin is being forced on the sides of the print which is why it's cutting off the 10" wide image down o 8.5", but it's not forcing the 30mm margin on the top and bottom. I just noticed another post from a couple of days ago where it seems like the user is having the same problem when using Art paper. I hope there is a workaround for this.

Thanks,

Gina

The printer forces the 30mm margin at the starting and ending ends of the media because of the possibility of head strikes. It is possible to bypass this setting with fine art paper by selecting matte paper rather than fine art matte paper. I don’t believe there is any way to do that with canvas setting since there is only one canvas option. 

You could try using matte paper option. Depending on how thick the canvas is (or isn’t) it may feed OK. Go into the custom settings in Maintenance tab of the driver and select avoid paper abrasion. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John. Using the Matte Photo Paper option solved the truncating problem. I did as you suggested and changed the setting to avoid paper abraision, which causes a popup every time I print warning me that it may affect the quality of the image. Would it be safe to turn that off now that I know it works? I'm using Blanco Matte Canvas from Red River Paper but I'm sure what the actual thickness is.

Thanks!

Gina

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If I recall correctly is that paper with canvas look, not real cloth?

You can turn the setting off and give it a try. Worst that happens is marks on the paper.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John! It works very well. Have a great day.

Gina

Announcements