cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro 9000 Operator error

dragonflydes
Apprentice

I was printing envelopes and one got stuck, so I removed it as I normally do.  The Alarm light is flashing in sets of 5 and will not clear.  I did unplug it for a day and tried again, but to no avail.  I did troubleshooting and removed the inks and print head, cleaned it an reinstalled it.  Alarm light is still flashing.  Attaching a pic of the error I see.

Printererror.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

robnich
Enthusiast

I would guess you have already seen the explanation on the Canon website of five flashes of the alarm lamp on the Pro9000 as follows:

Five flashes: Print Head not installed / Print Head not installed correctly / Print Head is defective

Install the Print Head. If the Print Head is already installed, remove the Print Head and then reinstall it.

If this error still remains, the Print Head may be damaged. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If removing and reinstalling the print head again does not resolve the problem you may be looking at replacing the print head, or perhaps replacing the printer with a newer model. I replaced my excellent Pro9000 with a Pixma Pro-100, as after I upgraded to Windows 10 it did not recognize my Pro9000 printer driver and Canon has not issued a newer Windows 10 compatible driver. I think the same is true with the current MacOS.

Robert N.

dragonflydes
Apprentice
Yes I followed all of the troubleshooting instructions without any luck. I use this printer for envelope addressing for my business. My fellow designers who use the newer Pixma 100 for the same usage have many problems. I guess I will bite the bullet and try a new print head. FYI I'm using windows 10 with the old print driver just fine. Thanks

Interesting (and fortunate for you) that you are able to print with the Pro9000 in Windows 10, as I and innumerable others online found that the Canon print driver compatible with Windows 7 no longer worked, at least in Windows 10, 64-bit. Some people were able to print with the Pro9000 using the old Windows 8.1 driver, but that was not the case for me. I am happy with the Pro-100, which I find even better than the Pro9000, especially since I got it for $141 including 50 sheets of A3+ paper last year. Unforunately such bargains are not available at present.

Robert N.

Announcements