cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro-10 printing too dark

megjrun
Apprentice

Hello. My pixma pro 10 printer is printing too dark and I'm ready to lose my mind trying to fix it. I have a mac, and I am usually printing a PDF out of Adobe Acrobat or printing from Photoshop directly. Any quick fixes anyone knows of?

Seems like since I updated my software to Big Sur, I'm having more issues as there isn't currently an updated driver available on the canon website for the pixma pro 10. So any new PDFs or files that i've made since updating, when I go to print my printer icc profiles are missing. But if I print an old file that was created before updating, my printer profiles are still there. Does anyone know when an updated driver will be available?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

There is a bug in the Canon support site.

Go to the Catalina software page and you will find the driver.

Screenshot 2021-09-18 095400.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, John, for your response!

So it turns out I had the most updated driver installed already. I've also made sure to update my software on my Mac. I did a deep clean of the printhead and checked for clogs. I've done everything I can think of and am still getting the same print results. 

I'm attaching an image for reference. This shows what the print SHOULD look like (and what it used to print out as with no problems with the very same PDF I've been using now) what it's printing like out of Photoshop (too dark) and what the PDF is printing like now (very blue).

I'm not sure why that very same PDF that gave me great results before is now printing blue instead of green. None of my inks are low and they are only a few weeks old. I double checked all of my print setttings and I haven't changed anything.

Any ideas?

Untitled_Artwork 77.jpg

Another thing worth mentioning, is that my icc printer profiles are suddenly missing from photoshop, indesign and acrobat since i've done software updates. Not sure how to get these back..

I've seen where sometimes an OS update messes up the printer installation.

Try this:

1. In System Preferences->Printers & Scanners select your printer and delete it by selecting the "-" icon.

2. Re-add the printer by selecting the "+" icon. Wait until the Canon IJ Series version of the printer appears. It could tke several minutes. The first printer that appears is usually the Apple version Air Print printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements