cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro900 no driver update coming

joelw135
Contributor

I am very upsset as I was told by technical support that Canon has decided not to create drivers for the Pixma Pro 9000. This printer is not a cheap piece of junk and to stop supporting it is just nuts. I am stuck between a rock and a hardplace as I am using OS 10.12 Sierra on an iMac. I don't know if anyone else has contacted Canon, but if not do so and let them know you aren't happy. Basicly they are telling owners to throw out the printer. This is lunacy to say the least. If the drivers don't come I will be forced to buy anothewr printer and reset up my work flow, but it won't be a Canon.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I can understand your feelings, but:

1. Canon didn't make you udate your software.

2. At some point every manufacturer has to stop supporting a product that they no longer make money off. I think Snow leopard (seven versions ago) was current when the pinter was released.

I have no relationship with Canon. I am just a user.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I will look for a third party driver if not this was my last Canon. I can get an Epson printer for less money that will do the job. I was always a Canon fan, but in recent years I have had other problems that caused failures, but I just they are cutting corners to save money. My Pro 9000 got more of a workout and has lastested a long time while some of their new junk has failed.

You need to do what you feel is proper.

I would look for a PRO-100 when the come up for rebate. $130 or less depending on the deal. It is the sucessor to the Pro-9000 and a superior product. I have had both.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements