cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 9000 mk ii Upon start Print head has no lights and nothing happens but yellow blinking lit

shewolf808
Contributor

Upon turning on my pixma pro 9000 mk ii, there is no motor noise or print head noise and the print head has no lights on (usually the ink tanks are all lit). The yellow error light blinks 10 times and the desktop shows a B200 error code.

This started after completion of one print item. The head doesn't warm up or prepare for print, it doesn't go back and forth automatically. There is power to the unit, because of the on light and yellow blinking light.

Thanks in advance 

Cindie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi shewolf808,

I would have to agree with jrhoffman75, it looks like there is a issue with the print head. Since this model is no longer in service, replacement parts are no longer available.

You do qualify for our Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

You can check the meaning of the error codes here:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114110

From what I’m reading... 10 flashes means the front tray isn’t in the correct position.

Hope that helps.  Good luck!

Best Regards,

Tim

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thank you for your reply. I did see that 10 flashes has to do with the front tray not being in the correct position. That still doesn't explain why the print head is no longer lit, why the print head doesn't calibrate (I think that's what its called when you start the printer) when the printer is turned on. All the ink trays have no lights and when I turn the printer on, there is no noise of the system acknowledging that it's been turned on and prepares for print.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

This sometimes works  - disconnect power cable from printer and let it sit for about 30 minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried that and it's still the same.

It looks to me like something with the print head...

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you!

Thanks John, I just called Canon and they referred me back to this site. It's no longer serviced by phone call.

If it is a bad print head it is going to be more cost effective to get a Pro-100 while the rebate is on than buy a new print head.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John, that is great information! I was trying to save up for the Pro-1000, so this is bad timing... but it's a good alternative
Merry Christmas!
Announcements