Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pixma Pro 9000 mark II printing yellow where there should be NO COLOR

Help. For some reason my Pro 9000 Mark II is adding a yellow tint around my images. At first I had the images on a pure white background and thought maybe for some reason it wanted to print white as yellow, so i selected the subject and placed it on a transparent background and it is still printing yellow. I have tried several papers, have saved as PSD and as  TIFF, tried from front source and rear source and it always does the same. I recently changed some cartridges and moved my printer to a new location. But it seemed to be printing fine before. This issue has never come up in the many years I've had the printer. Problem is I have to make 12 prints for an exhibit in a few days and it is too late to outsource them. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue I coud really use the advice. 

Many thanks,

Sandrine IMG_8094.JPG

VIP

Re: Pixma Pro 9000 mark II printing yellow where there should be NO COLOR

Run a nozzle check and see how that prints.

What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Re: Pixma Pro 9000 mark II printing yellow where there should be NO COLOR

Hi. I did all that and I finally got in touch with Canon Tech Support yesterday and after several attemps with the same result he suggested I print from a different program (I was printing from Photoshop) and we quickly discovered that the yellowing doesn't occue if I print from Preview or Lightroom so there seems to be some issue with my photoshop settings or a compatibility issue. Although this is a bit strange since I've ALWAYS printed from photoshop with this printer. Anyway, I was relieved to know that the problem wasn't printer related!!

Thanks for your response though.

Sandrine