cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-200 Using MP Tray to print PVC ID Cards!?

kombine
Apprentice

OK, so I have been successful in doing this with every other printer that supports disc printing but I can not for the life of me figure it out on the pixma pro-200.  I have tried setting up the custom media, PP&L, etc and even software from the pixma pro-100 knowing it wouldnt work but thought maybe I would see something I am missing that worked on the 100.   Has anyone had any success with this? Im not sure if its just me and I dont see something or is this a bug in canon software??   No matter what I try to do It always still prints in the shape of the disc.  Cutting off corners of my PVC Card and not printing where the centre circle is.   Has anyone had any success or know what theyre doing more than me?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you tell the printer you are loading a CD, it will print in this format.  There isn't a way to "trick" it to do something differently.  

Any printing capability you've achieved should be considered luck. 

I suggest you look at brainstormidsupplydotcom

I see over 25 Canon printer models are supported..  Pro10 and 100 too..  one of their kits may support the Pro200, but I haven't confirmed this.  Amazon sells their products too. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Please do not reply if you don't know what you are talking about and have nothing to help me with my issue.   You are very wrong.  I am in contact with brainstorm already yes thank you.

@kombine wrote:

Please do not reply if you don't know what you are talking about and have nothing to help me with my issue.   You are very wrong.  I am in contact with brainstorm already yes thank you.

Hello.

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums.

You are encouraged to re-read the Forum Guidelines and pay close attention to the "Participation" section. 

This is your first and final warning.

@kombine wrote:

Somehow I was suppose to know or guess that you were using a 3rd party media holder and templates with your printer?

You never mentioned that, how could I possibly know.    

Good luck with it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have a similar problem but it's with the Multiple-purpose tray for CD printing I cannot find on the printer a option for multi-purpose or CD and when I select that option in my print window the printer then get's hung up stating there is not paper in the paper feeder even though I am trying to print to the multi purpose tray? 

Cheryl-Sunman
Apprentice

Hi Kombine, just curious if you ever found a solution. Im having the same issue. 

I never did sadly.... was very disappointing 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements