Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 10s Dark prints

Heres10p
Apprentice

Hello I have a Pixma Pro 10S and the prints are dark

I have windows 10 and LR and PS 

I have set monitor to medium brightness and it is calibrated regularly, I d/loaded studio pro but it says it cannot find a suitable version of PS or LR

Any help would be great

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes it looks ok on its own so thank you for your help, much appreciated

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum Heres10P.

First, download this test image and print it using your photo software but not making any adjustmenst before printing?

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Is the print too dark?

Additioanl info - what operating system are you using. Are you subscribed to the Adobe plan (i.e. latest versyions of LR and PS).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John will give that a go later

Using windows 10 and yes, subsribe to latest LR and PS CC

Thanks for the info and help

Paul

Hi John

Yes it is darker but not as much as mine are normally but still noticeably datker

Paul

Hi Paul. So its darker than your monitor, but when you view the print under your normal viewing conditions is the print acceptable on its own - i.e. don't compare it to the monitor.

A frequent statement is "my prints are too dark" but on further inspection the finding is that the monitor is too bright.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes it looks ok on its own so thank you for your help, much appreciated

Glad to help. What you want to is reduce monitor brightness till the monitor and print are close in brightness. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi -- I know that your replies are a bit old but great. I am having a similar printing problem -- the prints on my Canon Pixman Pro-10 are darker than what appears on my monitor.

I went to the website http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html and printed out the printer evaluation print -- WOW -- printed great -- actually better than what I see on my screen -- ASUS VS248 -- of course I had followed other suggestions about darkening the screen quite a bit -- where I can hardly see it. lol.

The Canon Print Sudio Pro -- severely cropped my image -- I had a large image and was printing to Canon 5x7 paper.

I was using PS6 Windows 7 64bit Professional -- and also printed from a Smart Object.

So, I am still confused about -- getting accurate prints from the Pro-10 -- I am using an NVidia graphic card and had reduced the gamma to 2.2.

I appreciate any assistance.

Announcements