cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-1000 missing print settings

kate4
Apprentice

Two days ago I had the full printer menu options in Print Settings when printing from Ps (Print, Printer: Canon PRO-100 Series selected, Clicking on Print Settings...), however now I only have Media & Qualilty, Layout, Paper Handing, Cover Page, Watermark, and Supply Levels, as if it were a generic printer. There's no area to select the type of paper, no Color Options. Page Processing, Paper Detailed Settings, etc. as in the full printer dialogue menu that I'm used to.

I'm running mac OS Catalinga (10.15), have the latest printer driver installed, and I did download a firmware update, however upon trying to open and install Printer Update Utility, I received the error "Cannot find the ROM that can be updated with this utility". 

Any help is much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey John, 

Just following up - the culprit was when I re-added the printer via system preferences, below Name: (Canon PRO-1000 series) and Location: is Use: which should say Canon Pro Series. I went throught this step way to quickly as I've done it so many times, and accidentally left it at Airprint (the default). Sigh. At least it was an easy fix! Thanks for your contributions. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you updated your driver and reinstalled the printer did you inadvertently install the AirPrint version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John, apologies for the delay, I just got back into town. No, I don't think that's the issue, I downloaded imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.21.10.0.0 (Mac), and just redownloaded and installed it again to be sure. Still seeing the same problem after the reinstall, and I re added the printer via system settings. 

Probably should give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hey John, 

Just following up - the culprit was when I re-added the printer via system preferences, below Name: (Canon PRO-1000 series) and Location: is Use: which should say Canon Pro Series. I went throught this step way to quickly as I've done it so many times, and accidentally left it at Airprint (the default). Sigh. At least it was an easy fix! Thanks for your contributions. 

Announcements