cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 won't print correct size

Happyb123
Apprentice

Hi, I recently purchased a Canon Pixma Pro 100. I have professionaly taken photos that I'm trying to print. When I designate that I want an 8x10 photo to print on an 8.5x11 paper, it crops the photo. I'm also trying to print an 11x14 onto a 13x19 paper. I have gone into printer settings and chosen the paper size and photo size but it just either crops the photo or prints the print too small. I'm about ready to give up so any help would be greatly appreicated. 

I also just signed up for a free trial of Lightroom and Print Studio Pro and tried to print from Print Studio Pro and still no luck. 

Thanks!!! 

Beth

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is the file you are trying to print in 8x10 aspect ratio?

What media type are you selecting?

What computer operating system?

Can you post a screen shot of your settings?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi and thank you so much!!!!

JPEG

Windows 10

If I open with WIndows Photo Viewer to print from there, go to print, go to Options on bottom right

SC1.png

then, printer properties: 

SC2.png

Then I go to Page Setup and choose the following...I have the paper size at A3 - 13x19 and then choose Scaled and a custom setting of 11x14. I do the same thing for 8.5x11 except choose the 8x10 setting instead of custom. either way, the same problem occurs. 

SC3.png

In Print Studio Pro - I go to File, Print and then choose Print settings and the "Canon Pro-100 serires XPS Properties" box like above comes up for same settings.

SC4.png

"either crops the photo or prints the print too small"

It looks like your original photo is a 2x3 aspect ratio.

If you want the short side to be 8 inches then the long size will be 12 inches. If you try to print 8x10 then it will crop off two inches. You could resize to have long size 10 inches; then short size would be about 6 5/8 inches.

Similar problem would occur if you try to fit it into an 11x14 opening.

You could edit the print to 8x10 or 11x14 aspect ratio.

You could print it 12x18 on A3+ paper with 1/2 margin all around, if that's not too large.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you! Could you tell me the easiest way to resize the photo? 

You can use the Windows Photo app. That would be the easiest, since you probably don't want to do any editing of the image.

Select Aspect Ratio dropdown.

Annotation 2019-08-08 151548.jpg

You can also edit/resize in Photoshop.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

Just wanted to say thank you for the help. I'm still trying to learn more about aspect ratio's but you have idetified the issue for me and that made a huge difference! I would ask more questions but, at this point, I don't know enough yet. So I'm going to keep playing around with it and studying up on it. 

Sincerely,

Beth

Glad to help Beth. Don’t worry about asking questions. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi Happyb123,

What is the size of the original image that you are attempting to print?

For a clearer understanding of this, please view the information from the following blog:

https://www.photoshopactions.com/blogs/blog/34510469-sizing-your-images-for-print-aspect-ratio-print...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements