cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 not printing colors right

KiwiBird
Contributor

Hello! So I haven't used my printer in a long time and I need some help. My printer is not printing colors the way they appear on my screen. I am working in Photoshop and my files are in CMYK yet my images come out de-saturated and muddy. It doesn't even print black, its just dark gray, almost like there is a filter over everything. I printed color tests and they seem much lighter and not as vibrant as they should be. I just put brand new ink in it so its not that. What settings should I use when printing from Photoshop? If I call customer support is someone able to walk me through this? I had this issue a year ago and I thought new ink might help but nothing seems to work.

8 REPLIES 8

KiwiBird
Contributor

I think this might be a problem with mine, but I don't have a mac, does anyone know how to do this for windows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dleXCq8bB48

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

First, print a nozzle test pattern and post a screenshot of how it looks. 

Also, download and print this test image: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhIYEVaNQBuYp2nUaWg?e=gxlar4

Open the image in your photo software and print it. Do not make any adjustments.

The issue may be related to the image type you are trying to print. I believe the Pro-100 wants to be sent RGB files, but this is beyond my experience; I don't work with CYMK files.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

KiwiBird
Contributor

I did print a nozzle test, and it came out fine, no streaks, just more washed out than the monitor. I also printed out that test image, the blacks seemed to be dark but the rest of the image is washed out.

Test image definitely not looking right.

1. what paper are you using? Double check that you are printing on the correct side (not to be insulting, but it's happened here more than once).

2. what computer operating system? Driver up to date?

3. can you post a screenshot of your Photoshop print dialogue display showing the settings?  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I am just using it for printing on sticker paper, regular paper, and card stock paper for packaging some items for craft fairs, not photo paper.

I just updated the XPS Driver yesterday but I am still getting two printer options to print from.print settings 1.jpgprint settings 2.jpg

The XPS version of the driver is seen by the computer as a separate printer, so you will have the Pro-100 and the Pro-100 XPS. 

If you have some Canon photo paper you should try printing on that, using the corresponding media type, for test images. Dye ink printers are really made for printing on coated photo papers. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

KiwiBird
Contributor

image 2.jpgimage 1.jpg

KiwiBird
Contributor

My images generally print out way darker and muddy, with the blacks being washed out

Announcements