cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Prints Purple Instead of Blue - Help!

MDB1
Apprentice

I was printing fine, until I updated my driver to 16.50.0.0. Now, blue is printing as purple. I am printing from Lightroom Classic, and I've checked the printer settings, have the correct ICC, and paper type, etc. I ran a nozzle cleaning and the print test look good. Any suggestions?  I have tried both my Kirkland cheap paper and my Canon Pro Luster (with same ICC), and get the same problem.

Softproof of test image (note blue)

MDB1_0-1654461471887.png

Print of test image - note purple in the blue lane

MDB1_2-1654461859367.png

Print test after nozzle check:

MDB1_3-1654461910392.png

Doing this on a iMac running MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 . I am using the Canon USB print driver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Why did you update your driver, new operating system?

What OS. Which driver did you install?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I had a network security issue, so I had to change my SSID. When I went through reinstalling the network connection for the printer, I noticed that the printer driver was out of date, so I upgraded to the most recent, 16.50.0.0 from the Canon support site.   I am on a iMAC Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 running MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 

I also tried printing the test file as a jpeg directly from the Preview application, and it produced the same exact purple instead of blue - so not a lightroom configuration issue, I think.

Announcements