cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 - Printing PDFs Faint

mandamoozer
Apprentice

Hey all, 

So I've run nozzle checks, did print head alignment (not really sure what to do with the one that gives me + and - numbers) and whenever I print one of my greeting cards, the color is muted. Even black prints as a dull dark brown color. Can someone help me? I've spent hours trying to figure this out. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Darius
Whiz

Hi mandamoozer.

To help narrow down possible causes of the poor print quality, please provide a picture of your nozzle check results. To perform a nozzle check, hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes white twice, then release it immediately.

Hi Darius, 

Here is the nozzle test. It has no white lines or anything unless I'm missing something??nozzle.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What paper are you using? Is it a photo product with ICC profiles? Uncoated cardstock is not going to print well since paper absorbs into the stock.

If you are doing automatic print head alignment you don't need to do anything other than execute. If you are doing manula head alignment the driver tells you what to do.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Seems to look OK. What happens if you print a photo image on photo paper.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Photos print beautifully. I bought this printer because reviews said it would be good for greeting cards but maybe it can't handle matte white cardstock...?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
It is a dye printer. The ink is absorbed into the print surface. Photo papers have a coated print layer. Your matte cardstock most likely isn’t coated so ink is absorbed into the paper. Put a drop of water on it and watch what happens.

A company like Red River Paper makes photo greeting card products that print very nicely.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements