cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Printing Dark w/ Illustrator

Ruthec2
Apprentice

Hi everyone! I saw a post and I read through it regarding the Pro-100 printing dark... but with Photoshop. I don't use Photoshop. I design invitations, banners, and other paper goods and always use Illustrator. I don't have a Mac or PCs with monitors. I operate from my HP Laptop 17t. I'm so lost... I have no idea how to fix this dark printing problem. I tried the suggestion one user made of not letting the printer control anything, and it just made it worse 😞  Any help at all would be so invaluable. I'm beyond frustrated!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ruthec2,

What kind of paper are you printing on with your PIXMA PRO-100?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick! I use different cardstock such as:

- 110 lb matte uncoated

- 100 lb Accent Opaque Digital Smooth Cover

- 80 lb Cougar Smooth Cover

I have to tweak the color profiles constantly to try and get anything even remotely similar to what is on my screen. I understand that it won't be identical, but my little Canon MG3620 prints colors perfectly. Also, sometimes I get a close match, but certain colors are off. Like a wood background will look more orange than brown. Or the color black doesn't print black enough and it looks reddish.

Jenafer
Apprentice

I am having the same issue! I used my normal printer for some stationery I was making. I decided to upgrade to the pro-100 and the type and illustrations are coming out completely off. My old inexpensive printer is printing closer to whats on my screen than the pro-100. It is very dark as well. 

I've used a smooth probably 80Lb or so white paper. As well as a 100 lb white with some slight texture (normal cardstock). Both are printing much too dark. 

Bottom is the pro-100

IMG_0239.jpg

right is the pro-100

IMG_0237.jpg

Any help you can give would be great!

Announcements