cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 - Need ICC Profile for Kelly Digital Cardstock paper

varxtis
Contributor

I just decided to break down and get a Pixma Pro-100 as it's been getting such great reviews and buecause I got it ats such a ridiculous deal. I've been using a pixma MG7520, but it was objiosly not made for cardstorck.

So, here's my situation:

Problem - Color of image prints out very dull, not nearly as vibrant as it should be. Suspect it's due to not having the correct ICC profile

Printer - Pixma Pro-100.

Paper - Im using Kelly Digital Color Copy 100lb Cover Smooth cardstock sheets
I am trying to print images from Photoshop CC 2020 using "Color Handling: Photoshop Manages Color".

I am trying to use the right Profile, but none of the options that come up are for Heavy smooth cardstock.

I have tried changing to "Color Handling: Printer manages color" and then go through the printer settings. But the media type list doesn't include any sort of cardstock either, just has "plain paper" as an option.

I've tried printing through windows print (right-click image in file explorer, print) but there wasn't any improvement.

Is there somewhere that has a collection or pack of ICC Profiles for Cardstock?

Any feedback would be deeply appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Haven't see any ICC Profiles for Kelly Papers.

Canon hosts 3rd party ICC profiles for the following.

Kelly Customer Service - Customer Service at (800) 675-3559

Its possible that a profile for another paper could work, but there will be some experimentation on your part.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Haven't see any ICC Profiles for Kelly Papers.

Canon hosts 3rd party ICC profiles for the following.

Kelly Customer Service - Customer Service at (800) 675-3559

Its possible that a profile for another paper could work, but there will be some experimentation on your part.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

As Rick says, you basically have to experiment.

We often get questions on the forum about cardstock and the dye printers describing similar issues.

Most cardstock seems to be uncoated, so the dye inks just get absorbed into the stock; if you put a drop of water on the surface what happens? When you have coated papers the ink just gets absorbed into the coating layer.

The Kelly website for that product says "color copiers, digital press, laser printers". These processes generally do not involve liquid inks.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you to both of you. I think I get the Idea now. I'll contact Kelly. I've been experimenting with making my own greeting cards. When you go to general merchandising and specialty stores like Target and Hallmark for cards, the cards are printed with cardstock. I also purchased a pop-up card from a greeting cards website called Lovepop and the material seems to be a cardstock with a smooth surface. Though it does seem to be quite a bit lighter, mayber 60lb-86lb?  I looked up top cardstock printers of 2019, and the Canon Pro-100 was pretty much top of the list. People across the Cricut community seem to really love this printer, but specifics about what paper is being used is a bit vague.

Assuming Kelly is closed for the holiday, I need something printed, even on light weight cardstock, by thursday. Any suggestions on a decent cardstock that I can use on an inkjet before then, one that might provide ICC Profiles for Canon?

I don't know about Thursday, but if you Google "coated cardstock" to might find a source near you.

Follow Rick's advice about similar types and select an appropriate Canon media type. The ICC profile governs color and the media type governs how the ink is applied. 

Annotation 2019-12-24 103314.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements