cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Does not print cyan

Jersey
Apprentice

Nope, Not at all. I've been through all the cleaning, deep cleaning, web solutions of how to clean the print head, talking to Canon, you name it. There has been zero improvement. All colors are fine but I cannot get ANY cyan. There is ink going through the print head, but it will not print cyan. I'm convinced, at this point, that the problem is the printer and not the print head. Canon told me it's either the print head or something in the firmware. Nozzle check comes back with all colors good but no cyan, not even a badly printed cyan.

So here are my questions:

Can the firmware be reinstalled?

Is there ANYTHING else I can try before plunking down 800, or a thousand bucks to replace a little-used 3-year-old printer?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It doesn't look like Canon is listing older versions of firmware on the support site.

Since the Canon tech said it may be a firmware issue your best bet is to contact them directly about getting a file to reinstall firmware.

Based on what has been released in Australia and the EU it looks like Canon will be releasing a Pro-100 replacement, called the Pro-200.

You might also try looking on Craigslist for a used one.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the quick response.

I can't find any firmware, or software, or drivers, or manuals. The Canon support page for Drivers and Downloads just says "Loading... " but it never finds anything no matter what I ask for or what OS I tell them I'm using. I'd be happy to reinstall the original firmware. Who knows, it might work.

That sounds like an intermittent problem with the site or a problem on your end. 

4EB1402E-E216-46A9-8548-1D8F83D91ECE.jpeg

Check your personal messages.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That was my initial thought, which is why I tried it in a different browser. I just tried a different computer, and it was there.

Thanks again

In case you missed it in the previous post, check your Private Messages.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 195851.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

dickwms
Apprentice
I have the same problem on Pixma MX922. I failed to vent the cyan tank, and I think the jet dried when it starved for ink. 4 deep cleanings and 6-8 clean ings since I installed a new, vented cyan tank, but no cyan comes out. I do not suspect the firmware, as the printer has been good for years. Does anyone know of a solvent to dissolve an ink clot?

daoist56
Contributor

Same thing. Cyan prints fine through the utility, but absolutely will not print when printing from LightRoom or Photoshop. Printed through MS Word - just a single word formatted in cyan - and it came out okay. But I'm looking at photos and it is *clear* that cyan is not printing, and I'm thinking it has to be a software issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements