cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Color Matching on iPad Pro

LaurenN
Contributor
We purchased this printer to use to create prints of drawings done in Adobe Draw on an iPad Pro. We did a test run, and the colors are super muted and don’t match the original drawing. We have both searched the forums, but we can only find directions for adjusting color in programs on a Mac or Windows system. We haven’t found any ways of adjusting (or even accessing) printer settings on the iPad. Hoping someone can help, as without being able to match the colors much more closely, this is not going to work for us. 😕

Thank you!!
36 REPLIES 36

@LaurenN wrote:

These is the only Canon showing up.  Do I need to download a different driver?

PrinterType.JPG

Yes. Go here and download the 1.06 version driver.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Turn off printer and unplug USB first.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Those changes worked...I now have the correct driver and set everything up the way you suggested.  Should I be printing the calibration page again?

Here is where you would adjust image size in LR.

Annotation 2020-06-07 185726.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes. Before you do that go back to Devices & Printers and right-click on the WS printer icon and delete it.

Then print the test image and see what you get.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

THAT WORKED. I want to eat the strawberries.  🙂  

Now how do I get that to match with the drawings from the iPAD??

Thank you for working through this with me!! 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Try exporting your iPad document as a PDF and then print it from Adobe Acrobat Reader on your PC.

Also, now that you are getting a good print adjust your laptop display, particularly brightness, to match print.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

We made the image a PDF and printed through Adobe Acrobat Reader, but the colors still don't match when they print, although they looked spot on in Reader.  I also tried to adjust the settings through the Color Management options, but they all seem to be in order.  I think part of the problem might be that with a laptop, when you change the angle of the screen, everything looks different, so I am not able to really tell if the settings are accurate. The brightness is set to its highest setting, which seems tolook best, but...?!  I feel like I've followed all of the steps and am still coming up short, but I'm sure I'm missing something.  Smiley Frustrated  Any other tips?  Thanks again.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I don’t have any suggestions. I don’t print from Acrobat often and when I do it’s documents.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

LaurenN
Contributor
Are there any other settings in Lightroom that I can change to get it to print correctly?

Does this help?

https://kent.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/2005/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=63342

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements