cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 10 -- Color Issues in Sky

Pawg
Apprentice

I have a Pixma Pro 10. When I print on non-Canon papers, I notice odd printing irregularities, especially in the sky. The blues in the sky lack the subtle tonal gradation that is clearly present when the image is viewed on the monitor, the colors are a little off, and the clouds look flat, almost artificial. I don’t notice these issues in other areas of the print, though they may be present, but simply less detectable.The severity of the problem varies, depending on the image, but it is always there in some measure.

The problems occur only when I use non-Canon paper and their manufacturers’ ICC profiles.When I print on Canon photo paper and let the printer handle color management, these issues go away and the prints look good.

I have had this problem with Canson Platine and Baryta, as well as with Red River Palo Duro Soft Gloss Rag. I am selecting the recommended media setting for all of the papers, and using ICC profiles I downloaded from Canson and Red River. I have tried tweaking every print setting in Lightroom: DPI, pereptual v. relative rendering, 16 bit printing. None of these changes makes any difference.

I have run a nozzle check, and things look good. I assume that nozzle issues would be apparent on any paper, so this does not seem to be the cause.

I can simply stick with Canon papers when printing photos with sky, but I like the look of other papers, and would really like to be able to use them without driving myself crazy.

I print from an iMac running Mojave.

Has anyone experienced this before, or have any suggestions about what solutions I might try?

Thanks,

Paul

1 REPLY 1

Pawg
Apprentice

I fixed this issue by simply downloading the latest Canon driver. I don’t think the previous one worked well with my operating system. Wish I had thought of that twenty sheets of paper ago, but better late than never. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements