cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 10 -- Blue printing as purple

seeleytyler
Apprentice

After having a previous issue a while back of my images printing with a strong magenta cast, I found out the chroma optimizer had a tiny amount of cyan on the sponge. Needless to say, I ended up replacing all of the ink with new genuine canon cartridges. After running a cleaning cycle, I noticed the chroma optimizer was still printing with a cyan tint. Stupid question, but how is that possible since I replaced the cartridge? I then performed multiple deep cleaning cycles, and eventually the test page came out looking good. 

I proceeded to print a color test image, where there were some noticeable issues. IMG_4511.jpg

Starting at the color bars on the bottom left, bars 3+6 both print as purple, while bar 3 should be a truer blue. Bars 7+8 also have streaking half way down? Not sure what to make of either of those issues. In the next section over, the deep blue box (4 from right side, top row) once again prints as purple. It may not show it in the image i captured, but in person, it's definitely purple.

Not sure if I should perform more cleaning cycles, or try something else? I have also attached the most recent nozzle check. Thanks in advance!!

IMG_4512.jpg

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Image look shaded towards red in the photo. 

What paper are you printing on? What OS? Are you having printer or software manage color? Proper ICC profile being used?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements