cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 9500 Mk II - Unused for 2 yrs

reidlowe
Contributor

Finally got a stable enough set of time to get out my printer and do some printing only to find it prints 2-3 inks of 10.

I also find installing the drivers on Windows 10 hangs (cant discover the printer, although when it was plugged into the USB, Windows found it no problem).  Thus making it a challenge to use the maintenance program.

Do I just need to replace the cartridges or is it FUBAR?

Thanks gang, 

Reid

Canon 60D
Pixma Pro9500 Mk II
16 REPLIES 16

I didn't plug the USB in until prompted during the software install.  It's the 2.7 driver.  so it had not been discovered yet.

Canon 60D
Pixma Pro9500 Mk II

Give the Canon help line a call. I have always found them responsive and helpful. They can sort out the driver install problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Success.  Soaking the head in warm water 1/2" deep and then replacing the cartridges did the trick.

Meanwhile, I scored a NEW IN BOX Mark II 9500 for the cost of cartridges and print head...so all in all, I now have 2 great printers, the new one will sit in the closet in the box until I need the parts

Thanks gang

Canon 60D
Pixma Pro9500 Mk II

BTW, I installed the drivers on a different laptop (win 8.1) no issue. Will debug the Win 10 issue shortly.
Canon 60D
Pixma Pro9500 Mk II

So now I'm getting "Start after opening the image you want to print" when I go to start PSPro...

Canon 60D
Pixma Pro9500 Mk II

Not sure I fully understand what you meant to say, but you do need to have an image selected in PS or LR before you select PSP.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Again figured this one out shortly after. I went to the EOS 60D downloads found the full install of PS and that solved the problem.  The PSP install on the printer driver page wasn't complete

Canon 60D
Pixma Pro9500 Mk II
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements