cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 100 printer setup incomplete

Kemp
Apprentice
I’m unable to complete the setup between my pc, a Lenovo Yoga, and a pixma pro100. The IJ driver won’t install.
5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

Welome to the forums.  Unfortunately telling us something can't or won't install doesn't give us any information to go on.  It doesn't tell us what you did, or what happened when you did it.  Program closes, displays an error message, etc 

I know you are running some version of windows.  Have you tried downloading installers from Canon's support page for your product?  What troubleshooting steps have you performed?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Kemp
Apprentice
Running windows 10. I would install the setup disc and it never completed the install. The IJ drive wouldn’t install, Or something else. Multiple attempts. Called Cannon support and spend about 2 hours with them. The conclusion was something was blocking. Turned off all protection. Still no install. Appears the IJ driver is the problem.

Kemp
Apprentice
More info. I have no wifi at home. Tried downloading the driver on my pc (windows10, 64 bit) at an internet cafe but to do that need the printer, which is too heavy to haul around.

Hi Kemp.

Windows 10 has significant differences from the operating systems that were available when the PRO-100 was initially released (Windows XP).  Because of that, the updated drivers on the Canon U.S.A. website are necessary.

Downloading the drivers to your computer does not require the PRO-100 to be present; the printer only needs to be present for the installation process.  To give an analogy, downloading is like buying new windshield wipers at the store (you don't need the car present to make the purchase), while installing is like putting the new wipers on the car.  For quick reference, the driver download page is:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

If prompted to "Save or Run", select Save.  As of this writing, the necessary driver is the "PRO-100 series Printer Driver Ver. 1.06", and the default filename is "p86l-win-pro_100-1_06-ea32_2.exe".  You may wish to check your Downloads folder to see if this file is present; if so, you may run it once you're back with the PRO-100.

If connecting by USB, your Yoga may need to be connected to external power. If it's running on battery power, it may power down the printer's USB port occasionally from lack of use, or experience too low of a signal strength for the printer to detect or respond.

Kemp
Apprentice
Thank you for your help . It’s already prepped to be returned. Quel domage.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements