cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-2000 gray horizontal line every 8mm of feed

mvnewberry
Apprentice

My Pro-2000 has started printing parallel horizontal lines every 8 mm in the feed direction. See the attached photo (the curved lines are an artifact of the phone camera).

I've tried resolving this using the Troubleshooting section of the manual. It does not look like the feed banding shown in the "Manual Banding Adjustment" section of the manual. I did head cleaning. I set the paper feed adjustment priority to optimize print quality. The Nozzle Check patterns look perfect in all 12 inks. It appears both when I send the image using WiFi or the printer's USB port. It is exactly repeatable on every print.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

IMG_5378.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

robnich
Enthusiast

I found a post in The Canon Community from 2017 from someone with a similar problem who says it was solved on two printers by changing Print Quality from Normal to High after all maintenance procedures had failed to resolve the issue. Sounds odd and unlikely to work but give it a try if your printer is set to Normal print quality.

Robert N.

View solution in original post

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Banding may appear if the incorrect media type is selected with the paper that you are using.  With some plain/bond papers, the quality may need to be increased to improve the output.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group over the phone by dialing 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

robnich
Enthusiast

I found a post in The Canon Community from 2017 from someone with a similar problem who says it was solved on two printers by changing Print Quality from Normal to High after all maintenance procedures had failed to resolve the issue. Sounds odd and unlikely to work but give it a try if your printer is set to Normal print quality.

Robert N.

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your suggestion. I will try this.
Michael

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Banding may appear if the incorrect media type is selected with the paper that you are using.  With some plain/bond papers, the quality may need to be increased to improve the output.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group over the phone by dialing 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your suggestion. I will try this.
Michael

Thanks to both responders for help solving the problem. I reloaded the paper and reset the paper type. I had not used the printer in a couple of weeks and had not changed the paper in the meantime. Perhaps the power dropped out during a thunderstorm and the machine lost the settings. In any case, everything is back to normal.

Thanks again,

Michael

Announcements