cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO 10S MISMATCHED MARGINS IN ILLUSTRATOR

Adrian_T
Apprentice

Hi,

I just got a brand new Canon Pro 10S and I can't work out how to center my Adobe Illustrator art. It's incredibly frustrating and I'm really wondering if anyone can help me.

I make greeting cards, postcards and other things. A lot of this is vector work I've done myself, so not photos. The reason I got this printer was for the very good print quality and the printing support for thick cover stock, which I'm using for greeting cards and other prints.

However, when printing, I keep getting mismatched margins and I can't for the life of me figure out how to simply get all my art CENTERED.

Sorry for the horrible colours, but you can see everything is set up perfectly. It's an A5 Portrait Document, 148mm x 210mm. I've seperate the two sides (front and back) and also put a box in the centre of each with a 3mm margin.

A5preview.png

However, you can see the print line box isn't matching AT ALL.

If I set the paper size to a5, center, no scaling. I still get issues. It's bigger at the bottom, thinner at the top, and thinner on the right side.

settings.png

problem.png

problem 2.png

I've literally been playing around with different sizes, scales, fit to page, custom scaling; all sorts, all day. I just CANNOT get it to center!!! Nor can I find much info online. I've seen some posts with similar issues but all the fixes or workarounds are for lightroom, not illustrator. Did I buy the wrong printer? Should I have gone for the Epson p400 perhaps with it's custom Borderless options?

I just want 3mm print margins all around the whole document....is that too much to ask Canon? Even 5mm is fine.

I took it into Affinity Designer where I thought I could custom set the margins to 3mm, but same thing still applies.

Can somebody pleeeeeease help. Just want to throw the printer onto the floor and smash it into a thousand pieces at this stage.

A workaround, official guide. I'm prepared to do anything to get this to work. If I'm missing some basic point, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Adrian_T,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you

Announcements