cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II on Windows 11

daveatrunfast
Apprentice

Is my PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II compatible with Windows 11 - i can't seem to have the laptop find the printer.  HELLLLLP!!!!! 

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon doesn’t list a W11 driver on the support site. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

[i am not very technical with these things]

so does that translate to "I am SOL on getting the two machines to talk to each other"?

That is my assessment. You could give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON for their answer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

daveatrunfast
Apprentice

[i am not very technical with these things]

so does that translate to "i am SOL on getting the two machines to talk to each other"?

alancanon
Apprentice

I just downloaded the Windows 10 64-bit driver and it seems to be working for me. At least for the couple of test prints I did.

Alan - would you mind sharing where you found the driver? On the official Canon website I can't seem to find them:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pr...)

thekoos
Apprentice

Hey there. Not sure if this is still relevant but I had the exact same issue with Windows 11 not detecting the printer and there not being a driver installation from Canon. The solution is pretty simple: Plug the printer in to the computer and switch it on. Open Device Manager and look under the Software Devices category. There should be an entry for the 9000Pro. Right click the pro9000 entry and select the update driver option and then Search automatically for drivers. Once the drivers have been updated the printer will appear in the Printers category and the spooler will be setup so you can print. Hope this helps....

Screenshot 2022-08-27 134715.png

You are a genius, thank you. I have been trying this for hours, and after seeing your post it was easy. Thank you

Thank you so much for this.  I'd just given up and was on the point of offering the printer for sale at £80 - in fury at Canon having forced me to replace a perfectly good printer.  This solution (so simple) needs to be shouted from the rooftops!  I cannot say how grateful I am to you for this.

Announcements