cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Trouble Setting Up on Windows 10

Sue8
Contributor

Hello. I am hoping someone might be able to help. I just purchased a slightly used pixma pro 9000 mark ii. I have spent a long time trying to connect it to my PC, which uses Windows 10 Pro. I tried with the disk that came with the printer as well as downloading the drivers from the Canon website. I have uninstalled and re-tried several times. I have tried drivers for Windows 8.1 but that did not work either. I have turned it off and on, changed USB cables, etc. but nothing works. It does say, "Printer detected...please wait...etc." at first but eventually says, "not detected..check connection..." Any suggestions? One person on a forum said it worked only when he switched to a very short 6" USB cable. Could this be the problem?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Support | Support - Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II | Canon USA

Verify that you downloaded the correct drivers from here. 

Turn printer off and unplug USB cable from computer.

Uninstall any Pro-9000 software that show in the Programs & Features page of Control Panel.

Remove any Pro-9000 printers that might show in Devices & printers page of Control Panel.

Install the 2.75 driver.

The install process should say to connect the printer to the computer and power it on.

If the connection error appears unplug USB and try another port on computer.

Are you using the USB cable that came with the printer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your reply. I did do all of those things multiple times. I purchased the printer from craigslist. It looks brand new. It did not come with the cable so I used my own. I have several and tried a few but it still does not work. Could you please tell me the length of the original cable that came with the printer?

Thanks!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don’t have that printer. According to the Canon website it doesn’t look like it comes with a cable. A six inch cable doesn’t sound realistic.

Are you sure it was functional when purchased?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It was sold as functional but I really have no idea. It turns on and the head moves properly...everything looks fine. When I connect it to the USB port, the computer makes a sound ..so the connection is good. You are right, a 6" cable does not seem realistic lol  but I have ordered one anyway and will try....someone said Canon told them it should be 10" maximum which also sounds nuts

Just to be sure - you are using a cable that looks something like this?

BDBDB22A-B9E5-47D9-9553-A09668A3C5FB.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, it is the same type of cable I used to connect all printers in the past. Maybe I should try to replace the OS with windows XP or Vista and see if that helps? Otherwise, I am not sure what to do

A different OS should separate a computer problem from a printer problem. 

I’m not sure it would be wise from a security aspect if the computer is connected to the internet and has sensitive personal data on it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks!   Well, I ended up getting an adapter and I connected the printer to my laptop instead of the desktop, to see if that would work. My laptop is also Windows 10 pro but for some reason, it worked. However, now it is giving me a printhead error!  ughhh

NotThatGuy
Apprentice

I love this printer, but now the only pc I have is windows 10 I can't upgrade to 11. I have to be able to print. Any solutions to this at all? If I had hair I would be pulling it out.

Announcements