cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Inaccurate Colour

Popito
Apprentice

Struggling with my new canon pixma 200 printer. chose this as it handles 300gsm card stock and quality of print.

I'm not getting a colour rich enough print as compared with my old HP printer. I'm using same quality card but seem unable to adjust colour management to produce the quality print I need.I'm a colour pencil artist and need my work to print true to colour and definition. The image below on left is what I need to achieve, image on right is what my pixma is producing. Any help would be really appreciated. \thanks

.hpvcanon.JPEG

8 REPLIES 8

Mike

Hi Popito,

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what program you are using to print from as well as the operating system/version on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Windows 10

using canon installation software

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What software are you printing the image from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Windows 10

canon pro software

Sorry. I do not know what this software is. Can’t assist. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The number one reason why prints come out not looking good is a misadjusted monitor. If you can't see the correct image on your monitor how do you think you can print it? You see the printer does not take info from the monitor to make the print. So if the monitor isn't showing you exactly what the print will look like you get poor results.

You can d/l test prints and you can check the print head.to make sure the printer is working properly.

Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern
  1. Check that printer is turned on.
  2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the top feed. Loading Paper in the Top Feed.
  3. Select Maintenance on HOME screen. LCD and Operation Panel. ...
  4. Select Nozzle Check. ...
  5. Select Yes. ...
  6. Examine the nozzle check pattern

Windows 10

1. From the Start menu, select Settings.

2. Select Devices.

3. Select Bluetooth & devices.

4. Select Devices and printers on the right.

5. Right-click on the corresponding printer driver icon.

6. Select Printer Properties from the pop-up menu.

7. Select the Print Test Page button.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, done all that 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call Canon support 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements