cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 Printing on card stock yields lackluster results

Volexan
Apprentice

I am looking to start printing some custom packaging, specifically VHS videotape slipcovers and boxes for video games that I make. Neither of these require incredibly rigid packaging, I see around the community for VHS slipcovers, anywhere from 100lb and 18pt are recommended... This is a bit of a new world to me, but when I did some light research for printers capable of printing on this level of cardstock and specifically VHS slipcovers, the Pro-100 was recommended. So I got my hands on one... I also had ordered some 100lb glossy cardstock, and in my testing with several different default profiles (luster, semi-gloss, gloss), this paper is rather light on the gloss for a glossy stock in my opinion, so I tried the semi-gloss. However, regardless of the profile, I am getting quite a bit of ink bleed. Each print yielded essentially the same results. I know this style of printer is not as ideal as laser or pigment from what I've read, but I have also seen people claiming to have success accomplishing what I am seeking to accomplish. Any help here would be incredibly appreciated!

1.JPG

[Commercial link removed per Community guidelines and replaced with screenshot to serve as visual aid.]

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements