cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI-2 and PGI-9 Inks

kisetsuga
Apprentice

Hello, I am using a Pro9500 Mark II printer. Could someone please tell me the difference between PGI-2 and PGI-9 inks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your reply. I think you are right. I am in Japan and I bought the printer used in Japan, and it is PIXUS printer, and it has PGI-2 inks installed. The manual also specifies PGI-2 inks. When I searched in English for the Pro9500 online, I was reading PIXMA Pro9500 pages, specifying PGI-9. I hadn't noticed the difference of PIXUS and PIXMA before now. Now I know I should stick with PGI-2 inks. I imagine though I am not sure that they are the same composition inks as PGI-9, but with different chips.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I've seen postings elsewhere that inks for the Pixus models (because of the chips) won't work in the Pixma models and vice versa. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your reply. I think you are right. I am in Japan and I bought the printer used in Japan, and it is PIXUS printer, and it has PGI-2 inks installed. The manual also specifies PGI-2 inks. When I searched in English for the Pro9500 online, I was reading PIXMA Pro9500 pages, specifying PGI-9. I hadn't noticed the difference of PIXUS and PIXMA before now. Now I know I should stick with PGI-2 inks. I imagine though I am not sure that they are the same composition inks as PGI-9, but with different chips.

Announcements