cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange blinking light on Pixma Pro 100

Casfrustrated
Contributor

Screenshot 2022-08-01 124431.pngI am receiving 4 blinking lights on my Pixma Pro 100. I'm receiving a product code error 1660. I have tried reseeding the ink tanks but it's still blinking. Is there any way I can tell exactly which ink tank I need to put a new ink into? All the ink tanks have new or nearly new ink in each ink tank. I saw on the forum for another printer that was having a similar issue that they suggested I clean the contacts. What do I use to clean the contacts and how do I go about cleaning the contacts? I called canon about the issue and their solution was for me to get a new printer. Unless it's absolutely necessary, I prefer not to go that route. I tried unplugging the printer to see if that would work..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try removing and reinstalling the print head.

Canon Knowledge Base - Reinstall the Print Head - PIXMA PRO-10, PRO-100

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

I tried what you suggested, Please see my other replies..

Hi Casfrustrated,

Please open the cover to your printer and take a photo of all of the ink tanks.  Please post that image as a reply to this message.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

IMG_2503.JPGIMG_2504.JPGIMG_2505.JPGIMG_2506.JPGIMG_2507.JPG

as you can see no matter which position, I put the 5 out of 8 tanks in. only 5 colors will work. If I put all 8 in as soon as I put the 6 tank in none will read.

Casfrustrated
Contributor

I found out that my problem with the product code 1660 may have been caused by either a problem with the logic board or a problem with the ink carriage. It may br less costly to get a refurbish Canon Pixma Pro 100 for under 4 hundred dollars or a new Canon Pixma 200 for around 6 hundred dollars. The repair cost of the Pro 100 maybe just a little cheaper than a refurbished one. Which one should I get the new 200 or refurbished 100. I already have an excess amount of ink tanks for the Pro 100.  

It depends on your financial situation. If it was me I would go the extra ~$300 for the Pro-200 and try and sell the Pro-100 cartridges on eBay. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements