cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Off center printing πŸ˜–

WoodsmanRick
Contributor

When printing images with a stroke or border outline as part of the image on pro 10 using borderless, my stroke is being cut off on left side and bottom and I have a white margin on top and right side. How do I fix this?

This has happened since I purchased this printer and is frustrating as I have hundreds of images that no longer print as desired. My previous printer was a Canon pro as well (pro 9500) and never had an issue, until it died...

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you tried adjusting the extension?

Screenshot 2020-11-30 193917.jpg

Is the image centered if you print with a border?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your response!

Yes, I played with the extension setting and I still have the image printing off center, but with varying degrees of the same problem. I've also tried opening the paper guides some and taping some thick paper to the guide in hopes this would center at least part of the problem. didn't work as I am guessing there are LED or some sort of paper sensors telling the printer what size and where the paper is in the machine. I've played around with every printer setting I could find...

This has happened from the very begining and I contacted Canon, but we had some major medical issues in the family ()a stroke and cancer that were much more important than spending the time to work with Canon to resolve the issue and/or ask for an exchange of printers (or return the printer and try something else).

I have hundreds, if not thousands of images I used stroke or designs on the edges and do not care to rework all of them design wise to have something that will print respectfully. I also do not want to purchase a new printer to replace one that has had very little use.

I've tried printing the images from various photo software editing programs (Photoshop, Affinity Photo, Capture One 20) with the same results. Infortunatly I know it is the printer, but do not know how to fix the problem. Used to print perfectly on the Canon Pro 9500!

Maybe give Canon a call again.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I'll give it a shot, but we're going on three years since purchase. Just now getting back to where there is time to do much of anything for enjoyment (even with everything else going on in our world at the moment)

Thanks again John!

Announcements