cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Color Management Preferences on Pixma Pro-10

JMFlores
Contributor

I am using a Mac OS 10.13.6 operating system with High Sierra to (try to) print wirelessly to my new Pixma Pro-10. I don't have a CD drive on my MacBook, so I copied the software from the CD on my old computer to a flash drive and then did the install from the flash drive. 

When trying to print a file from Photoshop, I'm not getting a full menu of preferences in the print dialog box. There is no color management. Only what you see here.

printerdialog.jpg.

I"m So frustrated after seeing the preferences at one point after my first setup run today! Then I had wireless connection problems,so, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled, and now I'm back to square one where i was when I installed the driver from the Canon site last week.  Help! 

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to System preferences->Printers and Scanners.

Delete that printer.

Add it again with the "+" icon.

Wait for the IJ series printer to appear.(I'm assuming you installled the latest Canon driver from the Canon site).

You may have the Bonjour/Airprint driver installed now, which is an Apple product with reduced printer features.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

.....(I'm assuming you installled the latest Canon driver from the Canon site).

He didn't, but can now 🙂

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Whoops...  Nope..  Good old Apple...  no drivers needed per Canon's website...  Mojave 10.14

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

True. But he also said he was using High Sierra. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes indeed.  Missed that.  Thanks for correcting me.  So drivers are available.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Go to System preferences->Printers and Scanners.

Delete that printer.

Add it again with the "+" icon.

Wait for the IJ series printer to appear.(I'm assuming you installled the latest Canon driver from the Canon site).

You may have the Bonjour/Airprint driver installed now, which is an Apple product with reduced printer features.

This is exactly what I did while I was waiting for a response! Thank you for confirming I did the right thing. Working now. . . . but still confounded on how to install the Pro Plugin to Photoshop. Can't get that to work. 😞 

JMFlores
Contributor

BTW, I am a "she!" Smiley LOL 

Pleased to meet you

-Jessica

Hi Jessica Woman Happy

I will post how to install PSP into PS in next reply.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

To install PSP, go into Applications->Canon Utilities->Print Studio pro and run the Plug-in Installer.

It will ask about LR (unless you don't have LR).

Select "Next"

Select Photoshop and click "Browse"

Browse to App, find Adobe Photoshop, select the Plug-ins folder and select Open

Select "Next"

It should install.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements