cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pro-300 printing grainy pictures

karlosKS
Apprentice

I purchased a new Pro-300 printer to replace my Pro-100 that died. I have tried printing on glossy, semi-gloss, luster, and matte paper only to have all prints grainy (almost pixelated). I have tried printing from Photoshop, Lightroom, and DXO PhotoLab 7 and get the same results. I have tried different ICC profiles for both the 300 and 100 and get the same results. My Pro-100 did a fantastic job, so I don't understand why I'm having such a hard time getting the Pro-300 to print good. I now have gone through 10-15 sheets of paper, and none are usable. I have tried Canon paper, HP paper, Office Depot paper, and all the same. Most of this paper I have had for years and never had a problem printing before. I have also tried different pictures that printed good on the Pro-100. The luster print (using the sample that came with printer) came out so wet that I could write my name on it with my finger (see image). Any help or advice is appreciated. I have loaded the Canon Professional & Layout software and still no improvements. On another note, why doesn't the software override the printer settings. I have noticed that when I select glossy the printer display still says luster. Printer is v2.00, Adobe is 2024. GlossyGlossyLusterLusterSemi GlossySemi GlossyOriginal imageOriginal imageOriginalOriginal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

This might be a silly question, but are you sure you're printing to the correct side of the paper? I've printed to the wrong side more than once, and it smudges like that and looks really, really bad. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

This might be a silly question, but are you sure you're printing to the correct side of the paper? I've printed to the wrong side more than once, and it smudges like that and looks really, really bad. 

Stephen, not a silly question. So, I have some paper that is slick and glossy on both sides, one side more than the other, so I flipped the paper to the side that has the most gloss and tried to reprint and vola, the print is good. Thanks, I thought I was printing on the correct side. I never thought that it might be the wrong side. I guess I could have been excited to use the new printer. 

On the other question, why doesn't the Professional Print & Layout software override the printer select for media type. It seems crazy to have to change it both on the printer and software. I do like the fact it warns you the media settings are not the same.  

I'm glad flipping the paper worked!

Regarding the question about the software - I honestly have no idea. We'll wait for one of our tech support folks to chime in if there is an official answer! 

If you are unsure of the print side wet a fingertip and touch a corner of the paper. The print side will be tacky.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements