cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pro 2000 printer Head Alignment message. "Head Alignment has not been performed"

dgoldfarb1957
Contributor

I would like to know if anyone with this printer has had a similar message appear after performing an auto alignment?

This printer was just set up days ago and arrived damaged from shipping to the bottom guide assemblies. In the meanwhile I have set up the stand, installed the print head and primed the sytem with the Lucia inks provided. The output for the test pattern is fine. But I have tried on three occassions to perform the auto alignment fuction of the print head. The print pattern appears straight, nevertheless the message remains that the print head alignment has not been performed although it was done on three separate attempts.   I was hoping to begin my color profiling and to begin printing by now but until this issue is resolved, I am reluctant to go to the next step of color profiling. 

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

We recommend reaching out to support for assistance with this. They're at 1-800-423-2366 Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm ET, excluding holidays. Our team is right here in the USA, and support is free. 

I have contacted Canon regarding this issue. The suggestion was to disconnect the USB and Eithernet cables. Reboot the printer and to run the auto head alighnment proceedure again. The technician indicated that if the new message stil states that the head alignment has not been performed, that I am to notify the service technician.  So at this point I have not been provided a solution to this issue.  I am waiting for a guide assembly to arrive and then the technician will come to install it. I hope this will occur very soon.  

msug1
Apprentice

I have the same problem.,  Have you  found a solution for it yet?

Announcements