cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ICC for Hahnemuhle paper

Chiotas
Contributor

Hello,

unfortunately I found that for my Pro-1 printer, the Canon ICC pack does not contain some Hahnemuhle ICC profiles, like for example Photo Rag Satin and Photo Rag Pearl.

Does anybody know if there is planned an update of the Canon ICC pack?

I tryed to download ICC profiles directly from Hahnemuhle, but they sucks.

For example I compared two print on Photo Rag 308 paper, one with Canon ICC and one with Hahnemuhle ICC..well, with the Canon ICC the print is perfect, with the Hahnemuhle one is absolutely bad.

Thank you and best regards

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is my understanding Canon does not write profiles for off-brand papers. These companies write them and give them to Canon to include with the ICC Profile Pack.

IMHO, Redriver is the best company that produces profiles for it's paper.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Unfortunately off brand paper companies makes profiles no more than 75% accurate, not suitable for fine art prints.
Thanks for the advice, I'll probably go for a custom made ICC from third company

dgillilan
Contributor

Canon *does* offer icc profiles for Hahnemuhle, Canson(with an S), and others, for the Pro-1.

You must look under the Drivers and Software tab under the printer PRO-1, on the Canon website. The download is dated November, 2013.

Go to the Canon website, navigate to the pro-1 printer under Professional printers.

Choose Drivers and Software tab.

Choose your operating system in the pull down menu.

Then choose Software.

Then choose "Pro-1 Series icc profile Vers 1,0.0m for Art Paper Printing"

Choose I agree

Choose download, the file is named "icc_-win-pro_1v1_1_0_0-ea8.exe.

and save this file to your hard disk somewhere. This will be an executable file.

Navigate to the saved .exe file, click it, and it will extract several files and folders to your hard disk.

The folders will be "manual" and "profile".

Under manual, choose your language(I chose English), and then click "top" in that folder and you will have a page opened in the browser that instructs one on how to install an icc profile.

Under folder "Profiles', there will be 10 folders named "EN1", "EN2", etc. to "EN10".

These folders contain the icc profiles for such paper mfrs. as Canson(with an S), Hahnemuhle, Innova, Ilford, Museo, etc.

Of couse you can also download icc profiles from the paper mfr sites for this printer, if offered.

Hope this helps.

Debra

Over a year later, and this post still helped!! Thanks!
Announcements