Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Disconnect colour profile from Pro-100

For several years now I've been reading about disabeling the printer colour profiles and letting the photo shop profiles determine the print colours. I thought I had done that, but it never seemed to make a difference in my prints. Rarely did they conform to what was on the monitor, that I've faithfully calobrated. However, just a few minutes ago I stumbled upon something. I just happened to click on "Print Options" and up pops a dandy little list of all sorts of neet things to check off, two of them being: Disable ICM required from application software and another: disable the colour profile setting of the application software. Am I correct in assuming that these two boxes should be checked? If this is where I make those kinds of decisions is there any more that I should have checked? Thanks...

Honored Contributor

Re: Disconnect colour profile from Pro-100

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/printing-color-management-photoshop1.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disconnect colour profile from Pro-100

Got it, thanks John! I printed off the instructions and as soon as I finish the project I'm on now I'll set it all up and let ya know how it went....Thanks