Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Low yellow

A few months ago I purchased a Pro 100 printer and have printed a variety of 4x6 photos and a couple letter size documents with color.  The ink levels on all but one of the tanks show about half full (which I hope is not the normal usage rate).  The yellow is very low and the exlamation point alert shows.  I don't think anything I printed was heavily yellow.  Is it normal for yellow to be used so quickly?  Could there be another problem?

BTW: I was away for two months so the printer was not used.  The alert came up the first time I used it when I got home.

VIP

Re: Low yellow

Inks are used at different rates. I don't think there is anything wrong.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

The ink level indicator now show the yellow ink is empty.  Attached is a photo of the ink cartridge.  
Is this what constitutes empty?  The ink levels for the other colors show a little more than half full and the ink levels in the ink side (not sponge side) are about 3/4 full.Yellow ink level - small .jpg

VIP

That's not an almost empty cartridge. Is the top peel off fully removed so the vent us uncovered?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

The part that tears off when you open the cartridge is completely gone.  These places look like the vents and appear to be uncovered.Yellow ink level - top.jpg

VIP

that's it. Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON and see if they have an explanation. Could be a defective chip. I've never had it happen with my Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH