cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kodak Metallic Paper ICC Profile Pro 1000

nsoltz
Contributor
New Prograph 1000 came yesterday and still havent even unpacked. I have some Kodak Metallic paper. cannot find ICC profile for pro 1000 and this paper. Anyone know? Or if i cannot find a profile, could someone suggest optimal print settings? Video professional dabbling in print making so need all the help I can get. Thx
9 REPLIES 9

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

Is the Kodak Metallic paper the pearlescent metallic? If so, and you can't find a profile, I would use the Red River metallic profile. I know they OEM their paper under different names, so it may even be the same paper. 

The next best profile to use is the Canon Glossy. It's very similar to glossy photo. 

[link removed per forum guidelines]

Thanks. No specific Kodak profile that I can find for Metallic + Prograph 1000 so I'll give Red River a try

Thanks

nsoltz
Contributor
The Red River didnt work too well. Reds were pinkish and exposure dark. Ill give Canon glossy profile a try

I tried to look at this today but didn't finish. I have some Lexjet Photo Metallic, which I think is the same thing. I downloaded the Red River profile because there isn't a Lexjet profile available, although I did send them targets to make profiles, and they haven't done it for me yet (been a long time so I don't think it's going to happen). Anyway, I'll test out some profiles myself and see what I come up with. 

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

Now, I'm pretty sure this is the same Metalic Pearl as the Lexjet Metallic Pearl, and I happen to have some of that in-house, so I ran a test print using the Red River profile. Red River has an .am1x file for this too, but it forces you to use the manual feed in the back of the machine, so I used the Red River Metallic profile along with the media type Photo Glossy II. 

I got fantastic results, and some of the brightest greens I've seen off of the Pro-1000 so far. Great color. 

IMG_3437.JPGd

nsoltz
Contributor
Lexjet site showed a metallic glossy but not a metallic pearl.

That’s it. I think I call it pearl on my website because I used to also have a silver paper.

nsoltz
Contributor
You’ve been very helpful. If you ever need DaVinci Resolve help, that’s my world and gladly will reciprocate! Next project is my Hahnemuhle sample packs

I’ve tested many of the hahnemuhle profiles and they’re quite good. If you only download the profiles and not the a1mx files, be sure to use the media type high density fine art. These papers can only be fed through the manual feed in the back.

@nsoltz wrote:
You’ve been very helpful. If you ever need DaVinci Resolve help, that’s my world and gladly will reciprocate! Next project is my Hahnemuhle sample packs

Announcements