cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a work around to print horizontal?

yvonnerr
Apprentice

Hi all!  I am printing on wood veneer and due to the material it is only flexable with the grain, which runs horizontal.  Is there a way to tell the printer the paper is feeding in horizontally?  I have tried feeding it in vertically numerous times but it won't bend enough to feed through.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See if you can set a custom print size and make width the long edge.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

I couldn't figure out how to set a custom print size, but your idea did lead me to an eventual solution  I set the canvas size to 8.5x11 and placed the 4x6 image horizontally on top of that.  I printed first on regular paper, then used spray adhesive to stick the wood onto the paper directly over the image and printed again.  It worked great!  Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See if you can set a custom print size and make width the long edge.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I couldn't figure out how to set a custom print size, but your idea did lead me to an eventual solution  I set the canvas size to 8.5x11 and placed the 4x6 image horizontally on top of that.  I printed first on regular paper, then used spray adhesive to stick the wood onto the paper directly over the image and printed again.  It worked great!  Thank you!

You can set a custom print size in the printer driver, but it looks like you have a solution that works for you. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements