cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Pixma Pro-100 set-up disk for the MAC OS

Mocnrief
Contributor

I ran the set-up disk for the MAC OS.  My operating system is OS X  11.4 El Capitan.  I got a message that the drivers were not compatible with my operating system or something like that. I was directed to a link for further information.  I clicked the link and there was nothing there.  I went back and continued and finished the installation.  The printer prints.  The photos seem OK albeit a little on the dark side. Is there anything I should do?   ( I am coming to this forum for the answer because I get an error message every time I try to contact Canon support by its email option.  What's with that?)   

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. You can call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.

2. When you go to the Canon support site click on Recommended Downloads.

3. When adding printer to computer be sure you do not select Bonlour printer. Cliuck the plus symbol in Printer & Scanners and wait for the IJ printer version.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Dear jr, Thanks very much for the quick reply.  Couple of questions: 1.  I should install both files. Right?  2. The network tool file first or doesn't it matter?  3.  Should I uninstall what installed with the disk?     Thanks again.  Moncrief

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi. Install both. Order doesn't matter.

I recommend you go into Printers & Scanners and remove the printer first, and then reinstall printer after you install software.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements