cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In settings to print on borderless canvas paper what paper do you use from the dropdown menu?

Photobug55
Apprentice

I am using a Canon PIXMA Pro 100 with Windows 10 system.  I am trying to print a borderless canvas.  In the settings there is no paper setting for canvas only Special Art.  Why is there no canvas paper choice in the settings because when you choose canvas from the printer settings it will not print borderless.

Help!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Photobug55!

Welcome to the Canon Forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer  you are using and Computer Operating System. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Art Paper has a required 30mm border, so it will never print borderless. Try selecting plain matte paper and select minimize head abrasion in the driver maintenance window. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

There is no setting for "Head abrasion" for this new Pixma Pro 100 under Maintanence section.  Also, canvas prints are all borderless print from my experience.  Why is the Printer settings telling me that I have to chose another type of paper to print borderless and not canvas.  That is the whole reason I purchased this printer! 

Still cannot print borderless----help!

Hi.

I have several canvas prints that I ordered from commercial printers and they all have white borders. The border is stapled inside the frame. If you were to print borderless you would lose the edges of the print when they get wrapped.

As far as the PRO-100 goes, it will not print borderless if you select canvas. You could try by selecting Matte Photo Paper and see how that prints if you really want borderless.

Canon provides an excellent on-screen manual on the printer support website that is searchable.

I am providing several screen captures below.

Capture#1.JPG

Capture#2.JPG

Capture#3.JPG

Capture#4.JPG

Capture#5.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

canvas

Announcements