cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image prograf pro 1000 has blue tint at top of black and white image

hghudso
Contributor

My pro 1000 is printing a blue/cyan tint at the beginning of a print job. The blue/cyan tint is 0.25" to as much as 3" and extends the entire width of the print. After this the print is normal. Happens with black and white or color prints. Print head shows all clear and I never see this happen on the plain paper nozzle test prints. Any suggestions?

IMG_2298.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

cdprints
Apprentice

I also have had this happening with no solution for the past year. Have you found a solution?

Register your product, if you haven't already done so, and contact Canon support.

Canon Support for imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

hghudso
Contributor

Update: I was not reading the nozzle print head test correctly. Turns out the print head was bad. A new printhead is $650. There are third party heads a lot cheaper but that seems risky. To replace the print head you have to drain all the ink (~$350 worth of ink) into the dump tank then, when replaced, refill the new print head with ink. This takes about half the ink in the cartridges (another ~$350). That said bought a new printer.

Thanks so much! i figured I was going to be at that stage. It lasted me well for 5yrs at least. Do you know if I can take out the inks from the old one and place into the new one? Or would it be better to just write them all off? So frustrating as some of them are still quite full!

Announcements