cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image not Printing at size set in Photoshop

lrileyart
Contributor

I just set up my new Pixma Pro 100. I am trying to print a 300 dpi image at 12x12". I am currently using 13 x 19" paper set to borderless printing. I'm on a Mac and printing from Photoshop. I've printed thousands of photos so I know what I'm doing in PS. This is my first wide-format printer and first time using the 13x19 Canon Pro Luster. 

What am I missing?

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Welcome Irileyart.

You need to provide more info as to what is happening for us to try and help you.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John, Here is what I know and what 've done.

On Mac OS High Sierra v. 10.13.6

Using Adobe Photoshop CS v.13.0.6

Using a new Canon Pixma Pro 100

Downloaded new printer driver yesterday - 

PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.20.0.0 (Mac)09/02/18

in Photoshop the file is 360 dpi, Scaled print size = 100% 12" x 12", position = center

Paper is set to A3+ 13" x 19" Borderless

Preview shows image as on paper as indicated in settings.

I click PRINT and I get a 6.75" x 6.75" image printed 2" from the top of the paper with 3" side margins.

I hope that's enough info for starters. Let me know if you need any other specific info.

When you added the printer under System Properties->Printers and Scanners do you see an IJ series printer or an AirPrint printer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I don't recall. Perhaps an IJ series, but I'm not sure.I do remember there being a question that I did not have an answer for.

Should I reinstall? 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Go back to the Printers and Scanners preference and see whats there. If its not an IJ series printer click rhe “+” box and wait for the IJ series selection to appear. If it is there be sure to select that option in PS.

I also suggest you download and install Print Studio Pro from the Canon printer site and try printing using PSP from within PS.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, John. In preferences the Canon IJ Network is associated with the printer. The other option that came up was Bonjour and I chose IJ network when installed. It appears that PS is using the IJ series printer. It says it already exists. 

I installed Print Studio Pro so will go figure that out. Not sure what you mean by using it within PS.

I really appreciate all of your help. At this point it looks like everything is set up correctly. Emails print out just fine (as a test), so it must be PS that is the problem.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Good on printer installation.

If you select Automate in PS you should see a selection for Print Studio Pro. The strength of PSP is that it makes all the correct selections in PS, just in case you are missing one.

If you are still having trouble after that I suggest you calk Canon at 1-800-OK- CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I was so excited because I selected automate in PS and with the Print Studio Pro dialog box preview everything look like it was goinng to print at 12" x 12". Alas, this time it printed at 6.25 x 6.25 (I lost .5").

So I will have to call Canon.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions. I sure wish they would have worked.

Lesley Riley

Announcements